Monday 7 March 2011

O'Couture

Quote of the day :- "Dance c'est ma passion, c'est ma vie!"

Recently my dance group has started to dance at O’Couture Night Club in Sauchiehall street in Glasgow (of course it is only the over 18’s that are allowed to dance). The preparation for dancing in a club is complex and time consuming. Firstly you have to put at least three laters of fake tan which must be built up over a few nights. On the Friday night (the night we dance) we go to my coach’s house at about 8pm to prepare even more by curling our hair, putting our make-up on and finally false eye lashes. This much effort must be put in because  people are far away from us when we are dancing and our make-up must be visible from far away so it cannot be scarcely put on.  Once we have picked out our costumes/outfits we then leave to the club at about 11pm. In the club we dance in the main hall that plays all the up-to-date chart music. This is an advantage to us as we do routines at dance classes to a lot of the songs that they play here so this means we never get stuck on what move to do next.  Each girl gets a 15 minutes set dancing on the bar and then a 15 minute break. The first week we danced here I thought I would be able to dance with no problem for 15 minutes but i was greatly mistaken as it is extremely tough and physically draining. I didn’t realise that the 15 minutes we had to dance for was so constant and intense as everyone is watching you so you don’t get a chance to slow down and all moves must be sharp to look effective. The feeling i get when I am dancing up there is amazing. I feel so good about myself and the adrenalin is rushing through my body. It is so exhilarating and exciting. I hope to keep doing this as not only is it fun but it is a great way to keep really fit at the same time. Here is some pictures of me at O’Couture.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment