Monday 14 March 2011

Ballet




Quote of the Day:-  " Work like you dont need them money. Love like you have never been hurt. Dance like nobodys watching."


When I was younger my mum took me to ballet lessons and i used to love prancing about in my tutu and leotard but now I would say ballet is my least favourite style of dancing to perform though I love to watch great ballet dancers as I think they move so beautifully and gracefully. A new phenomenon of dance has recently come to Glasgow though they have performed in places all over the world such as Milan, Paris and the USA. It is called Matthew Bournes Swan Lake; this is an all male ballet performance that is sweeping not only this country but many more around the world. This ballet is best known for replacing the traditional female corps de ballet with a stronger and larger male ensemble. Matthew blends ballet with style, humour, spectacle, comedy and mime to create a provocative and powerful classic for our ever changing culture. It has collected over 30 international theatre awards including 3 Tony’s for the Broadway production. Matthew is the only British director to have won the Tony Award for the Best Director and Choreographer of a musical so it is no doubt that he has produced something special with this ballet. I have attached a slide show of some pictures of the production and videos can be found on Youtube. Also you can find out more about cast or tour dates on their website.
http://www.swanlaketour.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment